It's easy to start your application.
Our community represents different races, cultures, philosophies, disabilities, socioeconomic backgrounds, geography, genders and sexual orientations. We believe that full representation from our community contributes to innovation, enhanced education, engagement, excellence and meaning in all our pursuits. We aim to ensure that our students, faculty and staff are not being penalized by any form of discrimination and racism. We strive to confront widespread and systemic inequalities and biases by considering its causes, defining steps to address its impact in our community and globally.
School goals and initiatives
- Create and maintain a culture that integrates and advances diversity throughout all levels of the school — from people, initiatives and ideas to policies, curriculum and beyond
- Become a national higher education leader in embracing and supporting a diverse, open and inclusive environment
- Ensure that all members of our community are able to achieve their full professional and academic potential
- Emphasize diversity when recruiting faculty, staff and students
- Support student organizations' diversity initiatives
Meet the Director of Diversity
Jon Silva, associate professor of biomedical engineering, was named the new Director of Diversity this past summer. In this role, he'll oversee a committee of faculty, staff and students working together to ensure all members of our community are fully engaged in the educational, research and broader aspects of department and University life. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dennis Barbour, Associate Professor
Megan Buchanan, PhD Candidate
Maria Guerra Garcia, PhD Candidate
Jordan Mackie, Undergraduate, Class of 2025
Sandy Montgomery, Undergraduate, Class of 2024
Michelle Oyen, Associate Professor
Jai Rudra, Associate Professor
Katie Schreiber, Lecturer
Lori Setton, Department Chair & Professor
Jon Silva, Associate Professor and Director of Diversity
Karen Teasdale, Assistant to the Chair